Terms & Conditions
· The rate for a 30 minute piano lesson is $40.00 payable by the term. A
45min lesson = $55.00 and a 60min lesson = $70
· Fees are payable in advance
during the first 2 weeks of the
term. (You will receive an invoice)
· There will be no tuition during school or public holidays and you will
not be charged for these.
· Missed lessons cannot
be made up or credited. The only exception is in case of illness in which case the lesson
can be made up on one allocated day in the subsequent school holidays.
· Music books, theory books etc. are to be supplied by you. You will also
be held responsible for any books/music lent to your child.
· Lessons will begin punctually at the given time – arriving late will
shorten the lesson duration.
· No money will be refunded if you go on holiday or if your child does not
wish to continue with tuition.
· Participation at the annual concert in October is strongly recommended.
· Extra lessons at my request (eg. preparation for exams/concert) must be
· I reserve the right to terminate lessons if the student does not show
sufficient progress or commitment.
Parents please note: Learning an instrument is a very refined, difficult
and complicated art that requires an incredible amount of commitment and
discipline from both the students
and their parents. Students should practise regularly – ideally every day, but
a minimum of at least :
3 times 20 minutes a
week for beginners and
4 times 30-40 minutes for more
A parent should monitor these practice sessions
and help their child to achieve the goals as described in the homework books.
The process of mastering an instrument for a child is a 3-way partnership
between the student, the teacher and the parents and all three need to make an
equal commitment to ensure success and enjoyment.